Of course, it can happen that you share the bed with several men at the same time and 9 months later suddenly become a mother of a child. While this may not be the desired situation, it does not mean that you cannot still form a happy family. You can find out who the father of your child is by doing a dna paternity test. With this test you can find out who the father is via the DNA of your child. You can do a paternity test yourself but you can also look for a legal paternity test near me at the nearest family doctor. You can do this during pregnancy, but also when the child has long been born. Many fathers will be eager to welcome their child to earth, but this will not always be the case. Some fathers don’t want anything to do with their child, or even worse don’t acknowledge their own child. In that case, can you force a paternity test and what are the rules surrounding such situations?

What if the father does not acknowledge the child?

Does the alleged father of your child not want to acknowledge paternity, for example because of the duties involved, or for any other possible reason? Then, in the first instance, you can suggest to the alleged father that a paternity test be performed. In many cases, the alleged father will want to cooperate with this. Is that not the case? Then you have the option of using legal proceedings to force a paternity test. Keep in mind that in that case you will need a legally valid DNA test. If the alleged father cooperates voluntarily, an informational paternity test is sufficient for your peace of mind. Both tests provide the same reliable result. A legally valid paternity test only requires a strict procedure to be legally secure.

How do you enforce a paternity test?

Both the mother of a child and the child itself can enforce a paternity test in court. However, a mother can do this until the 5th birthday of the child. The child, on the other hand, can do this at any time. When the child is a minor, he or she needs permission to do so, however, if the child is over 18 it doesn’t matter. A father can only apply to the court for substitute consent for the recognition of his child if the mother has refused such recognition at birth. A father cannot force a paternity test.